Directions To Oak Island
Click on map for larger view.
Traveling From the North
Take I-95 South to I-40 East. Turn right at Martin Luther King, Jr Parkway (overhead sign says ILM International Airport/Whiteville.) Exit sign says Downtown Wilmington Route 74/76.) Continue over the Isabella Holmes Bridge and turn left onto Hwy. 421. Follow signs to Hwy. 17 South. Take Hwy. 133 South or Hwy. 87 South to Southport/Oaks Island.
Traveling From the South
Go North on Highway 17 through Myrtle Beach and Shallotte to stop light at intersection of highways 17 and 211. Turn right at stop light and travel 16 miles on 211. Turn right onto Highway 133 travel 2 miles to Oak Island.
Approximate driving time to metropolitan cities:
- Atlanta, GA - 7 hrs. 50 min./413 miles
- Charlotte, NC - 4 hrs./214 miles
- Cleveland, OH - 14 hrs 49 min./797 miles
- New York, NY - 12 hrs. 33 min./650 miles
- Norfolk, VA - 5 hrs. 11 min./270 miles
- N. Myrtle Beach, SC - 75 min./60 miles
- Philadelphia, PA - 11 hrs. 4 min./560 miles
- Pittsburgh, PA - 12 hrs. 37 min./653 miles
- Raleigh, NC - 2 hrs. 40 min./153 miles
- Richmond, VA - 6 hrs. 13 min./307 miles
- Washington, DC - 7 hrs. 23 min./398 miles
- Wilmington, NC - 45 min./27 miles